The Cutie Mark Crusaders

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A competitive yet laid back League of Legends Clan.

3 posters

Shameless self-plug and attention seeking - Shen guide on Mobafire

Murdus
    Murdus
    Ponies

Shameless self-plug and attention seeking - Shen guide on Mobafire Empty Shameless self-plug and attention seeking - Shen guide on Mobafire

Post by Murdus Thu May 12, 2011 6:38 am

Hi, I'd just like to link my AP/Tank Shen guide. I'd like to have your input on the topic, preferably on the Mobafire site.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/blocker-shen-81436

That would be all.

PS: Sorry for not being around much, life's busy!
    Vanatul
    Vanatul
    Ponies

Shameless self-plug and attention seeking - Shen guide on Mobafire Empty Re: Shameless self-plug and attention seeking - Shen guide on Mobafire

Post by Vanatul Thu May 12, 2011 11:53 pm

Interesting build. With smite though, I take it you jungle or is this just a crutch you use for gaining gold.
    Murdus
    Murdus
    Ponies

Shameless self-plug and attention seeking - Shen guide on Mobafire Empty Re: Shameless self-plug and attention seeking - Shen guide on Mobafire

Post by Murdus Fri May 13, 2011 12:55 am

The guide even lists a jungling route. I think it was pretty obvious.
    Vanatul
    Vanatul
    Ponies

Post by Vanatul Fri May 13, 2011 12:56 am

Does it? I'm sorry i'm not very good at computer
    Facepwn
    Dem Ponies
    Dem Ponies

Post by Facepwn Tue May 24, 2011 11:09 am

Interesting build. +1 for detail. However I have a few questions/comments. I've seen three different starting item builds for Shen. First is the typical Cloth Armor+Pots that build to Heart of Gold that helps your low income as Shen isn't a "true jungler" in that he doesn't take both red and blue early. The second build I've seen is based off of your Armor Rune build and you just buy a billion health pots and stay in the jungle til around 4 and gank. The last build that is more like yours in that it takes boots of speed also gets one health pot and one ward for the other team's blue for counter jungling. Also in my own opinion, jungle Shen with Flash is very viable. You can sit in the bushes in the river and Flash+Shadow Dash and you can get nearly into the bushes on the far side. Its complete lane control from the jungle. Next, while I understand the want to get AP as it scales to both Vorpal, Feint, and your Ult, its about as useful as Magewick; fun scaling, but in the end, less useful than the usual build. If you want damage, build health and possibly get a Sheen/Trinity as those proc on his Ki Strike passive which translates into a ton of damage. Personally, I feel that Shen is built off of two "core" items that you build based on what the other team's composition looks like. If there is lots of AP on the other team, a FoN or Quicksilver would be a good investment early. Personally, I think QSS is the best item in the game. It allows Shen to absorb damage, and then get a taunt on the AP carry that might otherwise destroy your carries, all for 1440 gold. If there's a lot of AD on the other team, Randuins Omen is the way to go. You can Dash in, use the active, and everyone's attack and move speeds are slowed, almost making the Rylai's a useless item due to the AoE slows. On a final note, while this build does allow for Feint to absorb a large amount of damage, it also is very vulnerable to heavy nukes mainly from AP champs and hard stuns. As soon as your Feint absorbs all it can, you're more of a meaty melee DPS than a true tank. Either way, an interesting build, I may try it in an in-house. I don't particularly like posting on Mobafire so I posted it here. Also it lets the clan read/contribute more. Thats my thoughts on the build. Hope to see more builds posted and much more discussion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content